July 09, 2010
Question of the Week: Do I Need a Separate EIN for My Corporation?
Filed under: News
Vision Payroll

This week’s question comes from Cliff, a sole proprietor. I am forming a corporation and will be converting from a sole proprietorship to a corporation. Do I need a separate EIN for my corporation? Answer: The new corporation is a distinct entity from the sole proprietorship and will require the corporation to apply for a new employer identification number (EIN). Taxpayers may use Form SS-4, Application for Employer Identification Number, to apply for a new EIN or visit the IRS website to apply online. Contact Vision Payroll if you have any further questions on the payroll tax implications of forming a corporation.


Submit a Comment

From New Hire to Payroll
With the Click of Button

Streamline Your Hiring
Process With

Tips / Latest News