Many small businesses struggle to determine whether or not non-compete agreements are worthwhile to use. Such agreements are employment contracts designed to restrict an employee’s right to start a competing business across the street or to take your clients, other employees, or even your training with them when joining your competition. Depending on how the agreements are written and applied, they may help add protection to your business or simply add headaches.
Six Questions to Answer from an HR Perspective
- What are the appropriate restrictions?
- What is the scope of the restrictions?
- What is the nature of the job position?
- How is confidential information secured?
- What is the duration that the agreement can be enforced?
- Is the non-compete agreement complete?
Find Out More About Non-Compete Agreements Now
For more information, be sure to read the featured article by the HR pros at MyHRSupportCenter, Six HR Tips for Non-Compete Agreements. If you’re not yet signed up or would like a free trial of MyHRSupportCenter, contact Vision Payroll today.