This week’s question comes from David, an HR Director. One of our department managers received a complaint from an employee that we need to investigate. How do we conduct workplace investigations? Answer: The Workplace Investigations Guide can help employers through an investigation based on a complaint from an employee or even a customer.
Prompt Investigation and Corrective Action Are Critical
Prompt investigation and appropriate corrective action may be necessary for situations such as:
- An employee or non-employee complains to a manager about alleged harassment or discrimination personally experienced or observed by the individual.
- A manager directly observes employee conduct which violates certain company policies.
- An employer receives a formal EEOC charge even if no employee complaint was made to management prior to the charge.
How the Workplace Investigations Guide Can Help
The Workplace Investigations Guide not only provides general guidelines to follow, it provides useful tips in the following areas:
- Interviewing the Complainant
- Interviewing the Accused
- Interviewing the Witnesses
Download the Workplace Investigations Guide Now
The Workplace Investigations Guide can be downloaded from the Forms area in the “Essentials” tab section of the MyHRSupportCenter. If you’re not yet signed up or would like a free trial of MyHRSupportCenter, contact Vision Payroll today.